Feeling the need to recover from, well…whatever?
In light of the Coronavirus, wellness has become so top of mind. And this is especially true for the traveler: where small, bright, and beautiful matter. Small number of rooms (5), brightly lit, sparkling clean and disinfected daily (think OCD), and beautifully maintained indoor and outdoor spaces.
As the owner of the Ellwanger Estate B&B, as well as a nurse, midwife, preservationist, farmer, and environmentalist, we are paying much more attention to wellness as a lifestyle.
So, WELCOME to the Ellwanger Estate B&B where mindful wellness and cultural tourism come together for “Welltality”.
Here is a list of OUR
most sought-after welltality features to include: food, health and happiness,
signature experiences, sustainability, and architectural and extreme wellness.
Body, Mind and Soul
- Delectable breakfast dining experience, offering a balanced
diet, high in plant based food selections.
- Farm-to-table dining, showcasing the bounty’s of our gardens,
bakery, and chicken coop (“the Grand Hotel Coop”) in a multi-course breakfast.
- Offering light cuisine, with items low in salt and sugar, or
- Emphasizing what’s in season.
Healthy & Happy Retreat:Experience something that will have positive physical
and psychological impact.
- We suggest morning hikes, yoga and meditation.
- OR, Are you ready for a retreat from technology? Regaining personal connections? This is for our guests who are seeking a real getaway from it all. You must admit, todays small portable electronics glued to our eyes and ears for hours on end can create a lot of stress. There is always the old fashioned land line open for emergency communication. We can help you turn off the Wi-Fi, no phones, tablets, etc. allowed. We will lock them up in a safe!
- Let’s Get Physical with a combination of activity and nature. Complimentary walking, jogging and hiking maps, some showcasing Rochester’s best-loved landmarks.
- Yoga mats, rolls, and weights are available.
- Sports and fitness classes offered at LA Fitness Signature Club. Guest passes are available.
- Offering massage spa treatments, quiet room for meditation, and green spaces.
- Bathrooms with relaxing lux accessories & products.
- You may also add a mini bar of wellness products which include sleep mask, relaxing pillow mist, anti-aging pillow case, foot cream and cozy spa socks, hydrating facial sheet mask and other goodies that just transformed your room into wellness rooms.
- PRANA mattresses.
- Staff tailor-made teas for our guest’s wellness needs.
- “Gallery and Galore” ticket to the Memorial Art Gallery.
- Being mindful of using local products. Food especially.
- Just before winter appears, we stock our root cellar to carry us through until Spring.
- Our Heirloom Garden will honor all things green and organic, for your culinary pleasure.
- TESLA recharging station.
Architectural Wellness: Incorporates environmental beauty, providing spaces that are physically beautiful but also comfortable, functional and sustainable.
- In room air purifiers and allergy-friendly rooms.
- Hardwood floors.
- Live house plants.
- Soft color palettes.
- Eco-friendly cleaning products with the most stringent disinfecting protocols.
- The Veranda is our outdoor room, with an expansive deck with a lush garden/woodland view.
- And beyond the porch…enjoy a fire-pit, great landscaping with outdoor lighting.
- Winding paths to secluded spots with seating.
- The Rec Room, located in our historical potting shed, provides Ping-Pong, exercise equipment, and a lounge. What a serene retreat! Join us on National Arbor Day, April 23, and be apart of our grand opening and tree planting ceremony!
“Salt therapy is a natural therapy that has been practiced since the 18th century. It involves inhaling dry salt, which can help cleanse both the airways and the skin to relieve congestion, inflammation and skin irritations. In a salt rooms or salt cave a halogenerator grind up pharmaceutical grade salt into minute particles that become airborne when dispersed into the room.”
In all your travels, I wish you “Welltality”! ~Rosemary