Availability, Rates and Reservations
- Check availability and reserve online anytime – the system is always completely current and provides our best rates. We want to be sure that your experience at Ellwanger Estate, from booking through your stay, is nothing short of perfect, so we believe the only way to ensure a great experience is provide our guests with direct access to us.
- A two night minimum stay is the norm throughout the year.
- Room rates are based on double occupancy and are subject to NYS sales tax at 8%, and Monroe County lodging tax, currently 6%.
- Room rates include a full gourmet breakfast, and a host of other perks and benefits as our guest – parking, wireless internet, afternoon snacks, and local concierge service are all included. The view is priceless!
- Sleeping accommodations: are for registered guests only. The mansion will be a sanctuary for registered guests only. The maximum number of registered guest will be 10 total, within 7,000 sq ft mansion/veranda/patio/Rec Room/garden/lawn, and 3 beautiful idyllic acres to walk and enjoy. Any reunion with invited friends or family members will be offered in the garden, or on veranda.
If you wish to bring visitors during the day, please make the proprietor~Rosemary~ aware of this prior to the arrival of your guest. Please, no more than 2 visitors per guest and no overnight-unregistered guests.
- Children: The Ellwanger Estate seeks to provide a quiet, restful, and romantic environment best suited for adults. However, accommodations are available for children 8 and older, with well-behaved parents. We will accept children under 8 y/o with total house rental. Additional guest fee for greater than 2 guests in a room, applied at $50/per person/per night- including babies).
- Pillow Menu is complimentary and is online when making your room reservations. Please DO NOT bring your own pillow from home! We will make every effort to provide a wonderful sleep.
- *NEW*Accessibility: We now offer “The Library” guest room on the 1st floor. Please note that access to all other guest rooms requires the use of stairs.
- Pets: Out of courtesy to our guests with allergies, we can not accommodate pets.
- This is a drug free establishment: no illegal or recreational substances are permitted on the grounds or in the home at any time. Any person under the influence or known to be in possession on the property will be asked to depart at the proprietor’s discretion. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Firearms are not permitted: on the grounds or in the home at any time.
- Ellwanger Estate is a NON-SMOKING property inside and out, and your complete cooperation is appreciated. The use of any item that burns such as candles or incense is not permitted. Evidence of smoking in rooms may result in cleaning charges that start at twice your nightly room rate.
- WiFi: The Ellwanger Estate provides complimentary high-speed wireless internet access throughout the B&B.
- CHECK-IN is 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM. If you anticipate a late arrival (after 7 pm) please call 24 hours ahead to make special arrangements.
- CHECK-OUT is always by 11:00 AM and parking is available after your stay to enjoy local activities. Late checkouts are available at times and are $40 per hour or any part of an hour per room.
- Breakfast: A four-course breakfast is served daily in our Dining Room or on the Veranda. Dining tables are set for individual guest rooms.
Help yourself to fresh, hot strong coffee, tea, cocoa, and juice. Seating times are at 8, 8:30, 9, and 9:30 AM. Light fares and Grab & Go breakfasts are available. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions or food dislikes when you make your reservations. Note: Breakfast is prepared by me, and I am a licensed food handler. I use gloves as necessary while preparing food. All plates, silverware, cooking utensils are washed in a commercial sanitizing dishwasher
- Damages and Liabilities: Guests will be charged for damages to B&B property that may have occurred while said guests were having too good of a time, or resulting from negligence, recklessness or misuse. Cosmetic towels are provided for makeup removal and other colorful clean up jobs for your convenience.
- Cancellations: A deposit equal to one night’s stay (plus 14% tax) per room is charged to guarantee your reservation. A larger deposit may be necessary for stays of 5 nights or more. Your balance is due upon arrival at the inn: Yes CHECKS or CASH are PREFERRED & APPRECIATED! VISA & MC accepted.
- For stays booked within three days of arrival, the full amount of a stay will be collected at the time a reservation is made.
- As an independently owned and operated inn, we do not overbook our accommodations – each reservation is made for specific dates, room(s), and number of guests, and we are expecting you. Cancellations and changes made with short notice impact us significantly.
- We understand plans can change and we will do our best to move your reservation or assist with a cancellation. While we have the most lenient cancellation policy we know of for a B&B, we do ask for your assistance in the event you need to change your plans. After your reservation is confirmed, cancellation notice is required 14 days in advance of your arrival date to obtain a refund of your deposit, subject to a $35 cancellation fee.
- With less than 14 days notice we can only refund your deposit if we are able to sell the room to other guests for all nights reserved, and you are responsible to pay for any nights that could not be rented to another party. We do our best to refund deposits and ask that guests give us as much notice of cancellations as possible.
- The cancellation policy also applies to changes in your arrival or departure date that result in a shorter stay. Refunds are not provided for late arrivals or early departures, again, unless we are able to fill the vacancy.
- Reservations over major holiday periods or any other special event period (to include all Federal holidays, Lilac fest, peony weekend, Jazz fest, all graduations, L/PGA, and Meloria weekend) are NON REFUNDABLE if cancelled less than 30 days prior to a stay. Full House rentals require 45 days cancellation notice and have a $200 cancellation fee. Due to the difficulty in rebooking rooms at the last minute, it is necessary for us to enforce this policy. If you have any concerns about having to cancel, we recommend you look into travel insurance. Thank you for your understanding.
- Gratuities: In response to inquiries from our guests, please note that staff members are permitted to accept gratuities. Gratuity recognition is welcome for exceptional service from any of our staff members or service teams.
Click here to add your own text
We take your privacy very seriously and this privacy statement is here to help you understand what we may do with any information you give us about you. This privacy statement only relates to our website and does not extend to your use of the Internet outside of our website or to any websites that are linked to our website.
You can access our website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal information, but if you do give us your personal details, you are accepting these terms. If you do not agree with this privacy statement, do not give us your details. This privacy statement is part of our Terms and Conditions. We may need to update this privacy statement from time to time. You should regularly check this page to make sure you have read the most recent version.
Personal information provided is stored for our own records only and will not be disclosed to third-parties.
Information we may collect about you
Personal information is limited to your name, phone number, email address. These details are only known to us if you complete the contact form.
How we will use your details
We will only use your contact details in order to contact you. We never give or sell our customers details to third parties.
Where we store your personal data
All information that you supply us with is stored on secured servers. We will take all reasonable steps necessary to make sure that your data is treated securely in line with this privacy statement.
About cookies and the way we use them
In common with other websites, we do also use “cookies”.
Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyze how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.