Bed & Breakfast Room Choices & Rates
Every dollar spent by guests at the Ellwanger Estate B&B is used for the ongoing restoration and renovation of Ellwanger Estate. We are very grateful for our guests and thankful that you help us maintain this beautiful historic structure.
Now the Details……Rates may be changed without notice and do not include state or local taxes (which are currently 14 %). Rates/packages may also be changed for special events, holidays or seasonal promotions.
By securing a reservation, the guest is acknowledging that they have read and agree with our stated policies.
Making Your Reservation & Deposits
- If you book by phone or in person, we require a credit card to hold the reservation.
- If you book on line , your credit card will be charged the first night fee.
- In the event that we have to suggest other room choices to you, no charge will be made until you confirm that the alternative room is acceptable to you.
- We prefer deposits/balances to be paid by personal check. We also accept Cash, Travelers Checks, Visa, and MasterCard.
Paying Your Balance
- Payment of the balance of the bill is required on arrival in cash, traveler’s checks, credit card, or by personal checks which are preferred. There is no refund for early departures or shortened stays.
- Please mention any gift certificates at time of booking.
- Pets: The Ellwanger Estate welcomes Service Animals who are trained in doing work or performing tasks for their person. In order to help us prepare for your stay, we request that you notify us if you will be traveling with a Service Animal prior to arrival. Due to the intimate size of our property and the quality and rarity of the furnishings, we are unable to accept Emotional Support, Therapy, Comfort, or Companion Dogs. We are happy to recommend local kennels for all Non-Service Animals during your stay.
If You Have To Cancel
- If a reservation is cancelled 7 days prior to your stay (by 3:00 PM), you have two options:
- Your full deposit will be converted to a cancellation certificate which you can apply toward a future stay during the next 12 months.
2. We will charge a $35.00 cancellation fee per room and refund the balance of your deposit. Please let us know which option you prefer when you cancel.
- However, if the cancellation is made less than 7 days prior to your stay, you will be responsible for the entire cost of your cancelled reservation unless your room(s) is re-book for your cancelled dates. This also applies to shortened reservations.
- Regretfully, there is no refund for early departures, shortened stays, or no shows.
- If rooms are not claimed by 7 pm on the day of scheduled arrival, guest will be responsible for the full amount (plus a service fee) to be charged to guests account.
Cancellation less than 30 days prior to a stay over major holiday periods or any other special event period (to include all Federal holidays, Lilac fest, Peony weekend, Jazz fest, all graduations, L/PGA, and Meloria weekend) are NON REFUNDABLE. We have limited rooms available and actively plan for your arrival, so if you need to cancel, this is your contribution to the historic building fund. Thank you for your understanding.
On the rare occasion should winter travel be interrupted due to poor weather conditions, the Inn will honor cancellations under the following industry guidelines:
The Rochester International Airport and/or
The NYS Thruway is closed due to poor travel conditions.
These cancellations will be given the opportunity to rebook on a future date with no penalties to the guest.
Please note: Reservations are not considered canceled without receiving a cancellation number. Please contact the Inn directly to receive this number for your records.
Your Arrival And Departure Times
- Our check-in times are between 2:00pm and 6:00pm.
- If you arrive earlier than 2:00 pm and your room is ready we will happily check you in. If your room is not ready, you can leave your car in the parking lot, go and have lunch and check in after 2:00 pm.
- If you are arriving after 6:00 pm, please give us a courtesy call to advise us of your arrival time and arrange for a late check-in procedure. Please plan your travel time accordingly as there are no check-ins after 9 pm, with rare exceptions d/t delayed flights. Please GPS this location as it is more like a secret garden and while it is well marked (“Ellwanger Estate” sign 16 ft high, “625” on 6 ft stone wall and grass level), it is also difficult to find especially after sunset.
- Checkout for guests and their cars is at 11:00 am.