During these uncertain and unprecedented times, like many of you, we’re asking ourselves “What can we do?” First, we can practice safe measures for ourselves, our families and our communities. Secondly, we can be grateful. Grateful for the brave first responders, doctors, nurses, delivery people, food workers, truckers and all essential workers who are the warriors on the front lines, our Heroes, literally risking their lives to combat this war.
It’s time to express gratitude for what we have and continue to hold. At the Ellwanger Estate, we’re grateful for our guests, family and friends who have helped us grow for the last 11 years. Here’s our news from home:
- We were, and still are, planning a renovation to the potting shed, AKA:The REC Room, located on the hill directly behind the B&B. This is something that keeps us looking forward to our completion date of April 22, Earth Day. We’ll keep you updated on that.
- As we work from home, we’re excited to announce that very soon we will be planting a Victory Garden. Right now most of our seeds are sprouting in the green house. Look on Facebook and Instagram for announcements on “Sprouting at the Ell”. More on our new plans shortly.
- Right now, we’re all learning a new meaning about the comforts of home. So we’ve been virtual lunching and learning, completing projects, training our Hospitality Intern remotely, preparing and delivery meals to at risk individuals, saved an elopement (for 2) from a City Hall cancellation, and sheltered a father/son (think whole mansion to themselves) while transitioning for a move across country.
- As for reopening the B&B, right now we’re scheduling for May Day, May 1st and beyond, depending on the situation and government guidelines.
- We’re adding a higher level of care, professional cleaning, and updates throughout the B&B.
- We are offering gift certificates online as one way to support our guests who wish to cancel.
It’s been rewarding to step back and think more deeply about our wonderful business. These are some of the thoughts we’ve had and our dreams for the future. We send you our sincere wishes for peace, good health, and safety, and I thank you for your continuing support.
Stay safe and please keep in touch.