Availability, Rates and Reservations
- Check availability and reserve online anytime – the system is always completely current and provides our best rates. We want to be sure that your experience at Ellwanger Estate, from booking through your stay, is nothing short of perfect, so we believe the only way to ensure a great experience is provide our guests with direct access to us.
- A two-three night minimum stay is the norm throughout the year.
- Room rates are based on double occupancy and are subject to NYS sales tax at 8%, and Monroe County lodging tax, currently 6%.
- Room rates include a full gourmet breakfast, and a host of other perks and benefits as our guest – parking, wireless internet, afternoon snacks, and local concierge service are all included. The view is priceless!
- Sleeping accommodations: are for registered guests only. The mansion will be a sanctuary for registered guests only. The maximum number of registered guest will be 10 total, within 7,000 sq ft mansion/veranda/patio/Rec Room/garden/lawn, and 3 beautiful idyllic acres to walk and enjoy. Any reunion with invited friends or family members will be offered in the garden, or on veranda.
If you wish to bring visitors during the day, please make the proprietor~Rosemary~ aware of this prior to the arrival of your guest. Please, no more than 2 visitors per guest and no overnight-unregistered guests.
- Children: The Ellwanger Estate seeks to provide a quiet, restful, and romantic environment best suited for adults. However, accommodations are available for children 12 and older, with well-behaved parents. We will accept children under 12 y/o with total house rental. Additional guest fee for greater than 2 guests in a room, applied at $50/per person/per night (including babies).
- Please remove shoes at the entry & enjoy a pair of slippers, OR you may bring your own.
- Pillow Menu is complimentary and is online when making your room reservations. Please DO NOT bring your own pillow from home! We will make every effort to provide a wonderful sleep.
- Pets: Due to the intimate size of our property and the quality and rarity of the furnishings, we are unable to accept any fur babies. We are happy to recommend local kennels during your stay.
- This is a drug free establishment: no illegal or recreational substances are permitted on the grounds or in the home at any time. Any person under the influence or known to be in possession on the property will be asked to depart at the proprietor’s discretion. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Firearms are not permitted: on the grounds or in the home at any time.
- Ellwanger Estate is a NON-SMOKING property inside and out, and your complete cooperation is appreciated. The use of any item that burns such as candles or incense is not permitted. Evidence of smoking in rooms may result in cleaning charges that start at twice your nightly room rate.
- WiFi: The Ellwanger Estate provides complimentary high-speed wireless internet access throughout the B&B.
- CHECK-IN is 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. If you anticipate a late arrival (after 6 pm) please call 24 hours ahead to make special arrangements.
- CHECK-OUT is always by 11:00 AM and parking is available after your stay to enjoy local activities. Late checkouts are available at times and are $20 per hour or any part of an hour per room.
- Breakfast: A four-course breakfast is served daily in our Dining Room or on the Veranda (weather permitting). Dining tables are set and spaced for individual guest rooms. Help yourself to fresh, hot strong coffee, tea, cocoa, and juice. Seating times are at 8, 8:30, 9, and 9:30 AM. Light fares and Grab & Go breakfasts are available. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions or food dislikes when you make your reservations. Note: Breakfast is prepared by me, and I am a licensed food handler. I use gloves as necessary while preparing food. All plates, silverware, cooking utensils are washed in a commercial sanitizing dishwasher
- Damages and Liabilities: Guests will be charged for damages to B&B property that may have occurred while said guests were having too good of a time, or resulting from negligence, recklessness or misuse. Cosmetic towels are provided for makeup removal and other colorful clean up jobs for your convenience.
- Online Reservations: A deposit equal to one night’s stay (plus 14% tax) per room is charged to guarantee your reservation. A larger deposit may be necessary for stays of 5 nights or more. Your balance is due upon arrival at the inn: Yes CHECKS or CASH are PREFERRED & APPRECIATED! VISA & MC accepted.
- As an independently owned and operated inn, we do not overbook our accommodations – each reservation is made for specific dates, room(s), and number of guests, and we are expecting you. Cancellations and changes made with short notice impact us significantly.
- Major holiday periods include all Federal holidays, Lilac fest, peony weekend, Jazz fest, all graduations, L/PGA, and Meloria weekend.
- Gratuities: In response to inquiries from our guests, please note that staff members are permitted to accept gratuities. Gratuity recognition is welcome for exceptional service from any of our staff members or service teams.
- On Site parking and an electric car charging station
- Four-course Gourmet breakfast with fresh ingredients
- Concierge services for recommendations and reservations
- 24-hour access to snacks and beverages
- Central heat/air conditioning
- All rooms have private baths
- Free WiFi
- All guest rooms are television free, except “The library” located on the ground level.
- Room rates are based on room occupancy (max 2 persons) and include a full breakfast, evening dessert and always available coffee and tea
- A 24-hour help desk to assist with any late-night needs
- Sunblock, bug spray, and blankets
- Outdoor cat on premise. She is a shy rescue cat named “Meja”
- Gift certificates available
At The Ellwanger Estate, it’s important to us that our website is accessible and easy to use for all persons with disabilities. When creating our website, our development team used software tools to identify web accessibility standards as outlined by the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA).
While the industry is not operating from approved, regulated legislation, The Ellwanger Estate is committed to our good faith effort to follow the guidelines available. If you have questions, concerns or have discovered an accessibility issue on our site, please contact us by email. Be sure to include specifics and any page where an issue has occurred. We will make every reasonable effort to make the page accessible for you.
Built in 1880
The building that comprise The Ellwanger Estate B&B was built in 1880. Consistent with the architectural norms of the time, there are many steps within The Ellwanger Estate. As we do not have an elevator at The Ellwanger Estate, some guests with mobility issues may find access challenging. Please count on us to gladly assist you with your bags. If you wish to enjoy breakfast in your room, we are happy to offer room service.
Covid-19 Policies and Important Information~Updated September 14, 2022
While we continue to monitor the coronavirus updates in our community, we have taken this opportunity to rethink, rewire, and rebalance a selection of non-intrusive and innovative guest experiences. There is an overwhelming need for discretion, privacy, and distancing, all in the pursuit of a calming and relaxing experience. Within a city environment we provide an oasis from hustle and bustle. There are many ingredients we need to have just right to enable our guests to relax – from the room layout and noise isolation and healthy dining options to non-intrusive, seamless services.
The Ellwanger Estate is following the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) “Safe Stay” guidelines, endorsed by the New York State Hospitality & Tourism Association. Consistent with the AHLA and CDC guidelines, following is just a few of the numerous measures we have instituted to keep our guests safe and healthy:
- Our meticulous standards continue: Before each guest arrives, rooms are cleaned top to bottom and disinfected. I use effective cleaning solutions and wipe down all surfaces throughout the mansion. Think OCD.
- All linens are laundered in the hottest water possible. All pillows are sanitized after each guests’ stay, and encased in pillow protectors. All mattresses are covered with mattress cover so that they are changed and sanitized after each guest.
- We engage in more frequent disinfecting of high touch areas in the common/public areas.
- We have placed air purifiers in the dining rooms and parlor, to assist air exchange in those areas. Room doors and windows are open for fresh air circulation while cleaning. Air purifiers are also used while cleaning and disinfecting the guest rooms, prior to check-in.
- Each room has a private bathroom.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed in several public areas of the inn. Please make use of these upon each entry into the Ellwanger Estate.
- We have resumed daily housekeeping services on request only.
- In an effort to keep our community safe, we will be requiring all guests over the age of 12 to show proof that they are FULLY vaccinated. We will ask all guests to provide a government-issued ID as well as a physical Covid-19 vaccine card, or your relevant state-provided vaccine pass, or a photo of your vaccination card.
- Personal masks are now optional.
- We ask that all guests respect and adhere to the requirements for social distancing.
- The mansion will be a sanctuary for registered guests only. The maximum number of registered guest will be 10 total, within 7,000 sq ft mansion/veranda/patio/Rec Room/garden/lawn, and 3 beautiful idyllic acres to walk and enjoy. Any reunion with invited friends or family members will be offered in the garden, or on veranda.
- I have been vaccinated and will continue to wear a mask when interacting with guests, while in the common areas, and while serving breakfast. Thank you for your support and understanding as we work together to keep our team and community healthy and safe.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please help us keep everyone safe by rescheduling your stay.
Breakfast is part of the overall experience of staying at a bed and breakfast, and at the Ellwanger Estate, breakfast is always a special event.
- Breakfast is now offered either in the Dining room or Veranda (weather permitting). Dining tables are set for individual guest rooms at reserved times between 8-9:30AM
- Breakfast is prepared by me, and I am a licensed food handler.
- I use gloves as necessary while preparing food. All plates, silverware, cooking utensils are washed in a commercial sanitizing dishwasher.
- Cookies and snacks are now served on individual plates prepared in the kitchen – no communal plates or containers.
- If any guest feels they would not be comfortable having breakfast in accordance with those arrangements, or if you would simply like to sleep in, you may opt out of breakfast~ please provide advance notice.
If a reservation is cancelled 7 days prior to your stay (by 3:00 PM), you have two options:
- Your full deposit will be converted to a cancellation certificate which you can apply toward a future stay during the next 12 months.
- We will charge a $35.00 cancellation fee per room and refund the balance of your deposit. Please let us know which option you prefer when you cancel.
However, if the cancellation is made less than 7 days prior to your stay, you will be responsible for the entire cost of your cancelled reservation unless your room(s) is re-book for your cancelled dates. This also applies to shortened reservations.
Bookings through Online Travel Agencies such as Booking.com, and their partners will be handled through their cancellation policies. So Please book Direct!
~Think Safety ~Think Best Practice~
If you are traveling from outside of the USA, we ask that you comply with all requirements prior to arrival. Please see the updated requirements of the New York State Department of Health here.
We take your privacy very seriously and this privacy statement is here to help you understand what we may do with any information you give us about you. This privacy statement only relates to our website and does not extend to your use of the Internet outside of our website or to any websites that are linked to our website.
You can access our website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal information, but if you do give us your personal details, you are accepting these terms. If you do not agree with this privacy statement, do not give us your details. This privacy statement is part of our Terms and Conditions. We may need to update this privacy statement from time to time. You should regularly check this page to make sure you have read the most recent version.
Personal information provided is stored for our own records only and will not be disclosed to third-parties.
Information we may collect about you
Personal information is limited to your name, phone number, email address. These details are only known to us if you complete the contact form.
How we will use your details
We will only use your contact details in order to contact you. We never give or sell our customers details to third parties.
Where we store your personal data
All information that you supply us with is stored on secured servers. We will take all reasonable steps necessary to make sure that your data is treated securely in line with this privacy statement.
About cookies and the way we use them
In common with other websites, we do also use “cookies”.
Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyze how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.