- Minimum stay requirements: Open year around. There is a two-night minimum on weekends and holidays. We may be able to accommodate your one-night stay depending on how our reservations fall. For one-night stays, a 100% deposit is required, and we cannot guarantee a specific room.
- Sleeping accommodations: are for registered guests only. If you wish to bring visitors during the day, please make the proprietors aware of this prior to the arrival of your guest. Please, no more than 2 visitors per guest and no overnight-unregistered guests.
- Children: The Ellwanger Estate seeks to provide a quiet, restful, and romantic environment best suited for adults. However, accommodations are available for children 8 and older, with well-behaved parents. We will accept children under 8 y/o with total house rental. Additional guest fee for greater than 2 guests in a room, applied at $50/per person/per night- including babies).
- Pets: Out of courtesy to our guests with allergies, we can not accommodate pets.
- This is a drug free establishment: no illegal or recreational substances are permitted on the grounds or in the home at any time. Any person under the influence or known to be in possession on the property will be asked to depart at the proprietor’s discretion. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Firearms are not permitted: on the grounds or in the home at any time.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the house or grounds. We cater to patrons that have allergies and sensitivities to odors and tobacco smoke. Smoking will only be permitted 150 feet from the home in a designated area. Please consult with the proprietors to identify this area. All our rooms require ozone as a result of smoking in any room. There will be a $500 charge added to our fee.
- Our insurance requirements prohibit the use of candles, incense or open flame of any kind in this circa 1880 wood structure.
- WiFi: The Ellwanger Estate provides complimentary high-speed wireless internet access throughout the B&B.
- Payment: Yes CHECKS are PREFERRED & APPRECIATED! Also Cash, VISA & MC accepted.
- Check-In/Out: Guests are invited to check-in daily between the hours of 2:00 to 6:00 pm. Please make your travel plans accordingly. If you anticipate a late arrival (after 6 pm) please call 24 hours ahead to make special arrangements. Check-out is by 11:00 am. Late checkouts are available at times and are $40 per hour or any part of an hour per room.
- Breakfast: A hot three-course breakfast is served daily in our dining room. Help yourself to fresh, hot strong coffee, tea, cocoa, and juice. Seating times are at 8:30, 9:00, and 9:30 am. Light fares and Grab & Go breakfasts are available. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions or food dislikes when you make your reservations.
- Damages and Liabilities: Guests will be charged for damages to B&B property that may have occurred while said guests were having too good of a time, or resulting from negligence, recklessness or misuse. Cosmetic towels are provided for makeup removal and other colorful clean up jobs for your convenience.
- Cancellations: As a small business, cancellations affect us greatly. When a reservation is made, your room(s) is/are guaranteed for the entire stay, and guests are responsible for the entire balance of nights reserved. Therefore, cancellations made more than 7 days prior to your arrival date will receive a refund minus $35 processing fee. Cancelation less than 7 days from your arrival date will be subjected to a one night charge and $35 processing fee/ per room. Regretfully, there is no refund for early departures, or shortened stays. No shows and early departures will be charged for the full reservation. Shortening of your reservation during the cancellation period is considered a cancellation of that night(s) and the regular cancellation policy applies. Reservations cancelled less than 30 days prior to a stay over major holiday periods or any other special event period (to include all Federal holidays, Lilac fest, peony weekend, Jazz fest, all graduations, L/PGA, and Meloria weekend) are NON REFUNDABLE. Full House rentals require 45 days cancellation notice and have a $200 cancellation fee. Due to the difficulty in rebooking rooms at the last minute, it is necessary for us to enforce this policy. If you have any concerns about having to cancel, we recommend you look into travel insurance. Thank you for your understanding.
- Gratuities: In response to inquires from our guests, please note that staff members are permitted to accept gratuities. Gratuity recognition is welcome for exceptional service from any of our staff members or service teams.
We take your privacy very seriously and this privacy statement is here to help you understand what we may do with any information you give us about you. This privacy statement only relates to our website and does not extend to your use of the Internet outside of our website or to any websites that are linked to our website.
You can access our website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal information, but if you do give us your personal details, you are accepting these terms. If you do not agree with this privacy statement, do not give us your details. This privacy statement is part of our Terms and Conditions. We may need to update this privacy statement from time to time. You should regularly check this page to make sure you have read the most recent version.
Personal information provided is stored for our own records only and will not be disclosed to third-parties.
Information we may collect about you
Personal information is limited to your name, phone number, email address. These details are only known to us if you complete the contact form.
How we will use your details
We will only use your contact details in order to contact you. We never give or sell our customers details to third parties.
Where we store your personal data
All information that you supply us with is stored on secured servers. We will take all reasonable steps necessary to make sure that your data is treated securely in line with this privacy statement.
About cookies and the way we use them
In common with other websites, we do also use “cookies”.
Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyze how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.