We are actively green, and are pleased to be part of Audubon International’s Green Hotel in NY program.Eco-Friendly Housekeeping
The Ellwanger Estate Bed and Breakfast is committed to reducing our impact on the environment. As part of the New York Green Lodging Program, we proactively manage our operations to conserve water and energy, protect our local watershed, and reduce waste, while maintaining the luxury and comfort we feel that our guests deserve. Below is a short list of our environmentally-friendly policies and some of the ways in which we are accomplishing our goals:
- To ensure that your room is always clean, comfortable and welcoming, we will enter guest rooms daily to freshen bathrooms, empty the trashcans, and make the bed. However, we respect our guests’ privacy and provide “Do Not Disturb” signs for all of our guest rooms. If a “Do Not Disturb” sign is hanging on a guest room door, we will not enter the room.
- As part of our commitment to the New York Green Lodging Program, the Ellwanger Estate proactively takes steps to lessen our impact on our environment. We will not change the bed linens, towels, or robes in a guest room until after a guest’s 4th night with us. However, we want all of our guests to have the best experience possible and will happily replace these items more frequently if specifically requested.
- Energy Conservation LED and Compact Fluorescent Lighting (CFL bulbs)
- Energy-star appliances and computers
- Timed lighting
- Watershed Protection and Water Conservation
- Solar energy
- TESLA charging station
- Eloise and her five chicken sisters supply your organic, free range eggs each morning
- Organic farm to table produce grown on-site